The Eat Healthy Live Healthy Urban Garden is thrilled to say that its first Produce Stand was a huge success! From 3 pm to 6 pm on Saturday, June 23, we sold kale, Swiss chard, arugula, beets, green beans, and squash to our Cherry Hill neighbors. Almost everything sold out! To everyone who stopped by, thank you for your support.
The Spicy Garlic Kale over Ramen Noodles was a big hit too. Thank you to Chef Jennifer Crisp for the samples and the recipe! In case you missed it on Saturday, the recipe appears below.
1lb kale, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
4 TB olive oil
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
2 packages of Ramen Noodles
Optional: parmesan cheese
Optional: leftover diced cooked chicken
1. Blanch chopped kale for 2 minutes and drain, saving the water to boil the ramen noodles. Set aside kale.
2. Cook ramen according to package directions, using the reserved water from the kale. Set aside ramen.
3. Heat olive oil up in pan on medium heat.
4. Add minced garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes, being careful not to burn garlic.
5. Add crushed red pepper flakes and sauté for another minute.
6. Add drained kale, salt, and pepper, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
7. Add ramen noodles and cook until heated through.
Recipe courtesy of Jennifer Crisp’s Vegetarian Plantation