Ready for some chard with bacon? Below is a recipe that you might not get enough of!
- 2 pounds chard, red-ribbed, green, or rainbow
- 3 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup diced onion, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning or seasoned salt blend
- pinch garlic powder, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
Wash chard and cut stems into 1/2-inch pieces. Cut leaves into 1-inch strips or chop coarsely.
In a large kettle or Dutch oven, cook the bacon with onion until bacon is crisp and onion is lightly browned. Add the chard, Creole seasoning, and garlic powder to the bacon. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until wilted and tender, about 5 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper, as needed. Serve with hot pepper sauce or a favorite vinaigarette.
This recipe is from : http://southernfood.about.com/od/vegetablerecipes/r/r90305a.htm
Leave us a comment and tell us what you thought about this recipe!